How to make a big 3D Paper Snowflake
I’d like to teach you how to make a big 3D Paper Snowflake.
Some of you may remember it from our wedding day.
I made about 50 of them and used them as decorations.
This star can be a great Christmas decoration in every house.
You can hang it on the window or anywhere else.
This DIY 3D Paper Snowflake may not seem easy to make at first.
But believe me, practise makes perfect.
You will need:
- 6 sheets of paper – A4 size (white, red, or any other colour)
- a ruler
- a pencil
- a rubber
- glue, a stapler or adhesive tape
How to make a 3D Paper Snowflake
1. Make a triangle from every sheet of paper
2. Cut the excess
Now you have 6 triangles.
3. Take one triangle.
4. Mark 4 divisions of 3 cm width starting from one side
5. Mark 4 more on the other side
Now your triangle should look like this.
6. Make parallel cuts following each mark.
DON’T CUT THE WHOLE LINE.
Stop about 2 cm from the end.
7. Cut another parallel line starting from the next mark. STOP A LITTLE BIT EARLIER.
8. Cut two more. Remember to stop earlier with each line.
9. Repeat on the other side.
DON’T CUT ALL THE WAY TO THE END. If you do that, your square will fall apart.
You should leave an uncut part of at least 1 cm width in the middle.
10. Unfold it. Now you have a square that looks like this.
Now you can use a rubber and rub out all of the pencil lines.
11. Join with the adhesive tape the ends of the internal cut.
12. Turn the square around and join the next cut ends.
13. Keep doing like this with every cut.
Remember to TURN THE SQUARE AROUND WITH EVERY CUT.
14. Now it should look like this
15. Repeat steps 3 to 13 with all the squares.
16. Now join the parts using a stapler.
Join 3 of them first and then other 3.
17. Join the two parts of 3 squares each with a stapler.
18. Attach every part using a stapler.
Now your big 3D Paper Snowflake is ready.
You can hang it anywhere you like.
If you practise more, it is really easy to make.
If you don’t succeed at first, don’t get discouraged and try again.
When I was learning how to make it I had a few difficulties. But as it later turned out, this 3D Paper Snowflake is quite easy to make.
Give it a try 🙂