My proven and absolutely delicious hot chocolate recipe.
Welcome to my first post about minimalism in the kitchen.
Spending time in the kitchen is not my favourite pastime.
And since I’m a minimalist, everything that I bake, cook or prepare must be quick and easy to make.
With that said I am sharing with you my proven hot chocolate recipe. It’s easy to make and doesn’t take too much time.
There are many hot chocolate recipes out there.
But for me, this one is the best because:
- it’s the easiest
- you don’t use any artificial powders or any other preservatives
- it’s only 3 ingredients. They are easily accessible
- it takes only from 5 to 10 minutes to prepare
This hot chocolate is delicious. It tastes like a creamy chocolaty cocoa.
Even my husband, who doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth, likes it.
Mmmm…. it’s just awesome:)
A hot chocolate recipe for two
1. Double cream 150 ml
2. Whole milk 300 ml
3. A bar of chocolate (milk, dark or white)
It’s a portion for two small to medium cups.
If you want to have more of this delicious treat, double the ingredients.
Sometimes I just eyeball the ingredients and it still tastes awesome:)
Experiment with it and find you perfect amount of ingredients.
1. Pour cream and milk into a pot.
2. Add pieces of chocolate.
3. Simmer until all the chocolate melts. Remember to stir it often.
My advice: don’t leave it unattended, otherwise it may get burnt (been there done that;))
4. Turn off the heat.
5. Leave the pot on the stove and let it cool down until there is a milk skin (about 5 minutes)
6. Turn on the heat and boil it.
Now your delicious hot chocolate is ready and you can enjoy it any time you want:)
You can add whipped cream on top. If you crave for even more sweeteness, add some marshmallows.
This hot chocolate is good for the soul 🙂
You’re welcome 🙂
Enjoy it and let me know if you liked it.